Donegal Education Centre AGM
County Donegal Education Centre
Annual General Meeting
Thursday, September 29th , 7pm
New members welcome
From time-to-time teachers enquire about our AGM and the general work of the Centre. The following may assist in clarifying some of these questions -
- Can I attend the AGM if I have little previous knowledge of the business of the Centre? Yes, the AGM is a brief meeting, aimed at providing an overview of the various activities of the Centre for 2021
- Will I end up on a committee? No - not unless you want to!
- How often are there meetings? Once a month
- What work does the Management Committee do? In general, the Management Committee oversees the corporate governance and the Centre's general management. The Centre is responsible for the coordination, development and facilitation of CPD for all the primary & post primary schools in the county working directly with the DES.
- What are the benefits of being a member of the Management Committee?
- Provide an input into the running and development of the Centre
- Keep up to date with DES CPD developments
- Find out what courses are coming on-stream for teachers/education
- Assist in the development of the Centre and its various local projects
- Engage in professional discussion with teachers in relation to educational issues
- Make new professional connections and partnerships
- Play a part in the development of your local educational community